In order to use UVRF equipment, rent a rack or participate in programs you need to be a UVRF member.
Membership in UVRF is open to everyone who is 14 years or older. All members of UVRF pay an annual membership fee, which is set by the Board of Directors. Membership runs on the calendar year.
The membership fee is due before registering for UVRF programs and services, and covers the shared operating expenses of our organization. Scholarships are available for those who have financial hardship. Details on how to apply are provided below.
Please note that membership is not required if you are only participating in the virtual Erg workouts.
Once you are a member you can sign up for programs. You can find details about all of our programs here.
Membership Types and Fees for 2023
- Adult Member: Annual – $150
- Junior Member (14-22 yrs): Annual – $50
- Junior Member (14-22 yrs): Spring only (ends June 3) or Summer only (ends Sept 4) or Fall only (starts Sept 4) – $25
- Volunteer Member (for our non-rowing volunteers) – $0
Becoming a UVRF Member:
- Members of UVRF are required to be members of USRowing, so choose the individual option to join or login to your existing account to see if it’s time to renew your USRowing membership for this calendar year. (The cost in 2023 is $25 to join at the Basic membership rate; $20 to renew.) Choose the individual option and use the club code 4FWDQ.
- Members of UVRF who are 18 or older must complete SafeSport training and refresh or renew the training each year. You can find more information on our SafeSport policy and learn how to get trained here
- Affirm that you have either already watched the US Rowing Safety video in the current calendar year or will do so within the next 48 hours. The link to the Safety video is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5SUe_RdgQ
- Members of UVRF are required to maintain up-to-date COVID vaccination and booster status, as recommended by their medical professional.
- Register for UVRF Membership at RegattaCentral
Paid Memberships include:
- Voting rights at our annual meeting; we encourage all members to participate actively in helping us to serve the needs of our rowing community!
- Access to sweep & sculling programs (additional fees apply)*
- Access to social functions
*You do not need to be a member for the Novice Intensive (sweep) or Learn-to-Scull programs in the summer. Membership is required for all other programs.
UVRF offers limited financial assistance to aspiring rowers for whom the required fees present a financial hardship. To apply for a partial scholarship, download and complete the UVRF Scholarship Application form , and submit the form to the UVRF president Dan Ruml at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A swim test is required for ALL UVRF members. Details are provided here.