For all Upper Valley high school rowers with 1 or more spring seasons of racing experience and a commitment to training for two head races (endurance distances about 5km, roughly 18 minutes). Seats are limited so sign up well in advance (we will maintain a wait list).
Attendance at all practices and races is expected. We plan to attend 3 away races at CRI Fall Classic (Boston) on Sept 16, Winni Chase (Wolfeboro, NH) on Sept 23, and NH Championships (Pembroke) on Oct 15.
Head Coach: Erika Dade
Coaches: Chuck Nagle, Laura Gillespie, Ian Girdwood, Carin Reynolds, and special guests!
Location: Kendal Riverfront Park
Dates: Sept 5 – Oct 15, 4:00pm-6:00pm
– First week only: Tues-Wed-Thurs, Sept 5-7
– All later weeks: Mon-Wed-Thurs, Sept 11-Oct 12
– Optional Sculling Add-on Tuesdays: Sept 12 – Oct 10 (5 sessions) (open to any experienced rower, sweeps or sculls)
– CRI Fall Classic, Boston, MA – Sat Sept 16
– Winni Chase *NEW*, hosted by Brewster Academy on Lake Winnepesaukee, Wolfeboro, NH – Sat Sept 23
– NH Championships, Pembroke, NH – Sun Oct 15
Please note that Fall Junior Racing is not a school program. Participants will need to arrange their own carpools to practices and races.
Optional Sculling Add-on – Add a 4th day of rowing with the Sculling-only option, for Fall Junior Racing participants, Spring 2023 UVRF 7/8th grade scullers or any other non-racing experienced scullers. Sweep rowers welcome- no prior sculling experience necessary if you already know how to sweep row. Attendance at the Sculling-only day is optional, but no refunds will be provided for missed sessions. Every Tuesday, September 13 – October 11 (5 weeks). Additional cost: $75
UVRF Junior membership is a prerequisite (ages 14-19). You may register for Fall-Only Junior membership for $25 IF you are not already a 2023 Junior Annual member (note: Junior Spring members will have to add the Junior Fall membership). When registering for membership, please enter the year you took the UVRF or HHS swim test (good for 5 years).
- Members of UVRF are also required to be members of USRowing, so choose the individual option to join or login to your existing USRowing account to see if it’s time to renew your USRowing membership for this calendar year. (The cost in 2023 is $25 to join at the Basic membership rate; $20 to renew.) Choose the individual option and use the club code 4FWDQ.
- Members of UVRF who are 18 or older must complete SafeSport training and refresh or renew the training each year. You can find more information on our SafeSport policy and learn how to get trained here
- Affirm that you have either already watched the US Rowing Safety video in the current calendar year or will do so within the next 48 hours. The link to the Safety video is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5SUe_RdgQ
- Members of UVRF are required to maintain up-to-date COVID vaccination and booster status, as recommended by their medical professional.
IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE (or volunteer where there is contact with rowers), you must be “Up to date” per CDC Guidelines with all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
Generous Financial Aid!!!! (including installment payment option and partial or full scholarship) available from the UVRF Scholarship Fund. Contact Head Coach Erika Dade (email@example.com) in confidence for details.
Also — looking for launch parents for this 6-week, 4-days-a-week program. There’s some team kit in it for you, and profuse thanks from the coaches and kids! Interested? Email Erika.
Please note that to protect our rowers and to comply with USRowing requirements, dock parent volunteers must submit either a copy of their SafeSport certification (for any sport) or a signed copy of the UVRF/USRowing MAAPP: Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies to the Head Coach.
Got questions? Email Erika at firstname.lastname@example.org